About the program:
Our Pain Management Program is designed to improve patient’s confidence and independence with daily tasks, exercise tolerance, reduce patient’s pain, educate patient’s on living with pain and reduce the risk of long-term disability. Through our comprehensive rehabilitation service our rehabilitation team will develop an individualised pain management plan tailored to your needs.
Who can benefit from this program?
Each patient is assessed individually by our rehabilitation team under the direction of an accredited Rehabilitation Specialist, who together will develop a rehabilitation plan according to the individual’s particular needs. Our multidisciplinary team will work with each patient to help them to regain independence, and promote and encourage greater self- reliance and self-management by teaching the more effective pain coping strategies.
The aims of our Pain Management Program include improving:
- Improve daily functioning and ability to live with pain
- Reduce pain levels and pain related suffering such as depression, mood changes, stress
- Functional mobility and muscular endurance
- Strength and flexibility
- Physical, psychological, and social recovery
- Lifestyle and reducing risk factors
- Successful return to work, home and recreational activities
Our team will work in collaboration with you, your GP and other specialists to achieve a holistic assessment and integrated treatment regime dedicated to minimising the effect of disability.
This program may include:
- Group or 1:1 physiotherapy with graded activity aimed at progressively increasing general strength, joint range of movements and mobility.
- Exercise physiology focusing on improving cardiovascular endurance, exercise tolerance and overall function.
- Occupational Therapy focusing on retraining safe self-care techniques, organising equipment and ensuring safe home set up for discharge
- Social Work as needed to organise services for discharge
- Dietetics involving education about healthy eating
- Information about medication management
Members of our experienced multidisciplinary team include the following health professionals:
- Exercise Physiology
- Occupational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Rehabilitation Physicians and Medical Officers
- Social Workers
- Clinical Pharmacists