Macquarie Health Corporation aims to be recognised as the major provider of comprehensive integrated health care services in Australia operating in a spirit of growth and development and keeping abreast with best practice.
Macquarie Hospital Services is committed to being a leader in the provision of patient-centred rehabilitation health care services in NSW and Victoria by delivering high quality outcomes for patients.
Eastern Suburbs Private Hospital Core Values
Eastern Suburbs Private Hospital Core Values build upon the private sector core values of integrity, trust, service and accountability.
These values are:
We strive to reflect these core values in our workplaces and in our conduct.
The objectives of Eastern Suburbs Private Hospital are to:
- Provide progressive, responsive and responsible health care services by professional staff
- Provide efficient integration of services to facilitate comprehensive medical care to the patient with the least inconvenience and at competitive cost.
- Ensure continual quality improvement
- Protect our patients from potential harm and to improve the quality of health service provision by utilizing the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
- Provide comprehensive management control systems that ensure efficient high quality services.
- Ensure accountability by all staff to the recipient of our services, to each other and to the organization, with a management structure that promotes this accountability.
- Achieve profitability at Eastern Suburbs Private Hospital
Eastern Suburbs Private Hospital prides itself on its innovation and our cultural shift towards team work and community involvement.
Ways in which we consider ourselves to be innovative include:
The Australian Council of Healthcare Standards developed the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards to improve the quality of health service provision in Australia. The NSQHS Standards provide a nationally consistent statement of the level of care consumers can expect from health service organisations.
Standard Two is ‘Partnering with Consumers’ which Eastern Suburbs Private Hospital has ‘Met with Merit’ consistently over the last 4 years.
Partnering with our consumers, we have created a group of employees known as our Consumer Representatives. This team help with designing and compiling information for our brochures, helps with listen to current patients concerns or gratitude’s and provide appropriate healthcare literacy to patients.
Our Consumer Representatives meet monthly with our managers to review changes in the hospital such as the management structure, review education sessions to staff and patients, and provide valuable friendship to our patients. Consumer Representatives keep our hospital accountable for change and actioning issues voiced by our most valuable community members, our patients.